Table Formatting or using the same tab indent for e-mails generated by Nintex Workflow

• 26 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi everyone

I would like to know how I can improve the formatting in an e-mail generated by Nintex Workflow. Here is what my e-mail looks like:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DEPARTMENT: ‍{Current Item:Department}

DATE NEEDED: ‍{Current Item:DateNeeded}

1. ‍{Current Item:Description1}‍       ‍{Current Item:Quantity1}‍          ‍{Current Item:BudgetNumber1}

2. ‍{Current Item:Description2}‍       ‍{Current Item:Quantity2}‍           ‍{Current Item:BudgetNumber2}

3. ‍{Current Item:Description3}‍       ‍{Current Item:Quantity3}‍           ‍{Current Item:BudgetNumber3}

4. ‍{Current Item:Description4}‍       ‍{Current Item:Quantity4}‍           ‍{Current Item:BudgetNumber4}

5. ‍{Current Item:Description5}‍       ‍{Current Item:Quantity5}‍           ‍{Current Item:BudgetNumber5}

_____________________________________________________________________________________

As you can see, it has five lines of three columns each. Based on the length of text in each of the variables, this can look quite messy. So I wondered whether you can achieve a table effect or something similar to that?

Thanks

Kirk

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You can have an actual table inside your email body by clicking on the "</>" icon and surround the fields you've already referenced with conventional HTML tags for defining a table, table row and table data. Yes it's not as friendly as having a button and editing in the GUI, but it works!

For your convenience in seeing more of the generated HTML, I suggest moving the pop-up window to the top-left and dragging the bottom right to be taller & wider.

Badge +3

thanks @v-tmasenko I discovered you need to use the "Build String" action for your html, then save the output in a variable.

Then you can reference the variable in the send e-mail action. 

Something weird that is happening though is that the output is not how I expect it to look. 

The output looks like this:

and my Build String action looks like this:

<table>
  <tr>
  <th>Description </th>
  <th>Quantity </th>
  <th>BudgetNr </th>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  <td>‍{Current Item:Description1}‍</td>
  <td>‍{Current Item:Quantity1}‍</td>
  <td>‍{Current Item:BudgetNumber1}‍</td>