Suspended Workflows

• 31 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I have a suspended workflow, appear randomly. The workflow work well without "Suspended" only one day or 1/2 day.

And I think it's never the same "Sequence", on the error below, you can see it's "Sequence FlowChart".

Error :

RequestorId: 8fcfbba8-f8ca-2d0e-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: Looking up a value using a key is not supported on an instance of 'Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicPrimitive'. at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicItem.TryGetValue(String key, DynamicItem& value) at Microsoft.Activities.Dynamic.DynamicValueBuilder.PathSegmentFactory.ObjectPathSegment.Get(DynamicItem obj) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty InitSequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_b01f72cc_6e32_4ce3_9621_36d003d2e8e0 Sequence Flowchart

Any Idea ?

Thanks for all.

Kind regards, Ivan

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you know which action is pushing the workflow into Suspended state?

What if you try to "resume" it? Does it get suspended again?

Regards,
Tomasz

Badge +3

When i resume it, it still with the same error.

And i don't know what action is pushing the workflow into "Suspended" State because when i start it, it work well but after 1/2 day or 1 day it running, it change the state to suspended with this error.

I don't understand why ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would suggest you to first find out which action is causing that error.

I suspect that might be a "query list" or "Office 365 Query User Profile" action? Maybe the "Query XML"?.

On the other hand that might be as well any other action in which you are trying to reach a particular item from a list using a "Where" clause to get a specific one. 

Maybe you could add "Log to History" actions before and after each action where you make any kind of lookup? Then just look into history to find out where it crashed. That sort-of-a-debugging.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +9

Yes as mentioned by Tomasz Poszytek‌ first step is to find out which action is causing the issues, not having the workflow history tree view in O365 we must use Log to History after/before each action to determine where/what is causing the issue.

Once found and it looks like some sort of Dictionary or Collection action we can dump that to the history also and see if what you're querying with matches what is in the data.

If it's a large workflow you may need to export and import under a new name and delete all actions but the one that's failing for you're not waiting for a day to get to that point in the workflow.

Badge +9

Hi ‌, I'm having the same issue. I placed a "log in history list" action after every action to find out where the problem is, There is an update list item action that looks up information from another list based on information on the current item and updates one field. The user got the correct permission, I've placed that action into an action set with elevated permission and still.. when i try to resume the workflow it continues to go into that suspended mode..? 

how do you suggest to fix that update item with another target list/lookup another list item ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Can you post your error just to be sure what sort of message you are seeing?

Regards, 

Tomasz 

Badge +1

My workflow is an approval routing for List A.  It uses List B to lookup who are the users to be "Assigned To" for the task assignments. It keeps getting suspended, and I get variations on this same error message:

RequestorId: 2cb4c5e6-9b15-6a1d-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentException: AssignedTo at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity Throw If Sequence Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.OperatingWebContextScope Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.SingleTask Then If 2 RMVM Manager Review Sequence Flowchart Sequence Vendor Banking AP ACH.WorkflowXaml_658ce9bb_5d97_426b_9b2e_1077ba40ebc7

I try to resume the workflow and sometimes it runs and sometimes it suspends again.  I've re-written the workflow in SharePoint Designer, but we wish for Lazy Approvals so it would be nice to get the Nintex one to work.  It does seem to run if there are no variables and I just hard-code the Assigned To people.  but that's not what we need it to do.

I have worked with Nintex workflows, and have recently encountered this issue.  I have notifications and assign task actions.  Not sure what is causing this error.