State Machine steps over Component Workflow and goes to Next State

• 12 July 2018
  • 1 reply

I was having issues with a For Each loop inside a branch of a State Machine where it would only run the Component Workflow once when I sent it to two values (countries).  Thought I would be clever and move the For Each loop down into the Component Workflow and parse the two values as a Collection variable.  Now I find the workflow just steps over the Component Workflow altogether and goes to the Next State without actioning the Site Workflow at all.  I checked the Site Workflows from Site Contents and found the Component Workflow just do not start. I am starting to think my variable is a) not being sent correctly or b) not setup correctly but I am not getting any errors.  I have pasted in the screenshot of the workflow branch and the log that was created by all the History logs I have to try and error trap my issue.  Any hints as to what I should try next.

216986_pastedImage_1.png

216988_pastedImage_3.png

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

First things first, be sure to have the settings "Wait for Component workflow to complete before continuing" set to true.
Second, add the action "Commit pending changes" before (and/or after) your component workflow call.
I wouldn't be surprised that the component workflow call is in the SharePoint batch and not the Nintex batch. ;)