Start a task process, parallel behavior, monitoring for multiple required outcome

• 12 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

O365 SharePoint Online Nintex Workflow

I have a "Start a Task Process"with 3 Outcomes
1. Approved

2. Rejected

3. Revise

Default outcome is set to "Approved"

Assignment Behavior is set to "Parallel"

If i were to set Completion Criteria to be "Wait for Specific Response" and

Required Outcome to be "Rejected" then the action will terminate once any 1 of the asignees responds with "Rejected", this is monitoring for a specific response "Rejected".

My question is if it is possible to monitor for both "Rejected" and "Revise" and have the action terminate upon either of the outcome from any of the assignees ? Is this possible out of the box or is this possible via any workaround?

2 replies

Badge +17

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have it look for two different outcomes in that manner. What is your business outcome you want/expect that is determining why you want it to behave in this manner anyways.

Ideally we want the business logic to make sense first and then use the tech to help automate that. 

Badge +1

The requirement is to allow  0..N  Groups of  1...N approvers to approve parallelly within the group with 3 different outcomes (Approved,Rejected,Revise). 

Upon the first "Rejected" or "Revise", the remaining approvers within that same group no longer needs to provide their approval.

E.g 
(Group 1 ) ( Alvin, Alfred, Alex, Andrea, Andrew, Anthony, ...N)  

(Group 2 ) (Bernand, Ben, Bella,...N)

(Group ...N) 

I.e If Alvin submits a "Rejected", Alfred,Alex,Andrea,Andrew,Anthony, ...N  no longer need to provide a response, this is ok, what we would like is for the same to happen if Alvin submits a "Revise" as well.