Site Workflow to send reminders based on field in list item to a recipient in list item

• 1 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a list on which there is a field called Manager1Email and field called NextReminderDate.

If Today=NextReminderDate, a reminder email should be sent to Manager1Email.

At the end the "NextReminderDate" field should be set to NextReminderDate+14days (for the next reminder).

I have created a site workflow and the output is defined as "separate output per column" (and not collection, so that I can use the separate fields, such as Manager1Email).

But then I'm not sure how I can go over each item to send the email. ("For Each" needs a collection variable which I don't use.)

Hope you can help me with defining the workflow.

I've attached a screenshot of the workflow.

Thanks,

Shiran

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @shirane

If you're using the query list and the 'Separate Output per Column' this by default will output to collection variables for each of the columns specified. You should be able to use the for each with these columns. Make sure to specify a variable for the index in the For Each, so you can retrieve the other columns using a Get Item from Collection within the For Each loop.

Badge +2

Is the index the "ID" of the list item?

How can I refer back to the index?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
When creating a collection this is equivallent to an Array in most programming languages.
Arrays contain multiple data and each position in the array is Indexed starting from zero.

example.
You have a column in Sharepoint called Animal and you query this column and it returns. cat, dog, bird
cat is at Index 0, dog is at index 1 and bird is at index 2