Solved

Show/hide Nintex form controls within a panel.

• 9 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

Hi all,

I have a requirement where if a specific checkboxes from the Nintex From show “Others” then I need to show an additional text field to the staff to supply others for that checkboxes category.  

I have applied a rule on label Others and the text box to hide when user DOES NOT select another option expect and rules works well as shown.

The panel has around round 30 unbound controls.

However, when user unchecks “Others” or user selects the any other option except, the form shows white space as shown .

We know Nintex practice is use show hide for panels. But, is it possible to show hide for specific control(s) within a panel?

Please let me know and what can be done not to display the white space?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

‌ ..any help on this? 

icon

Best answer by chaitra_b_c 9 February 2017, 12:27

View original

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi Sandy S‌,

Yes, you can add a rule to a particular control inside a panel.

Try the below option to resolve your whitespace problem

1. You can add new panel inside the current panel (which has 30 unbound controls) and inside the new panel add the 'Other' label and the Checkbox control. Apply rule on the new panel to hide when user DOES NOT select another option to expect.
  2. Ensure all the panels and controls don't consume extra space between the controls. Do a form Preview to confirm on the appearance. I hope this helps.

Option to add rule to a control which is inside a panel

Panel inside a Panel

Add Panel inside a panel

Rule applied on the 2nd Panel to hide

Rule applied on the second panel

panel is hidden without whitespace

Control is hidden without whitespace

Control inside the second panel is displayed

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey ‌! Thanks for thinking of me  

Looks like ‌ has answered pretty well!

If you have anymore questions let me know

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +9

Thanks Chaitra B C‌ and Rhia Wieclawek‌ ..

Thanks a ton for your. 
I did show the solution that Chaitra to the customer and it worked.

Apparently, the "Others" has for each drop down has to be done for around 10 drop downs within Nintex form. 
Having many panels for "Others" has been more complicated due to the form design.

The customer is okay not to make this rule for 10 drop down list due to complex form.

But I now I am able to use this technique for future forms.