Sharepoint Modern library Details Pane allows users to bypass Nintex Form rules to update values. Solution ?

• 16 December 2016
  • 8 replies

Because of the Details Pane, users now have the ability to update fields which are disabled in nintex form via rules. We have set the library to use Classic experience for now. But once Microsoft removes classic experience completely, we will have the problem again. Is anybody else thinking about this ?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi! Have you found a solution for the questions?

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I just ran upon this issue and have the same question, so bumping, I also posted in the SharePoint section of the Microsoft Tech Community.

This is a pretty big issue.  We are trying to see if we can adopt the modern interface with some of our solutions build on Nintex.  Was about 99% satisfied with it until I stumbled upon the Details option and saw what it did, and that scraps the whole thing.  Back to classic.....

No i have not. I have setup the lists to display classic view for now. Hope there's a solution for this pronto !

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Unfortunately this is a feature of the 'New experience', we cannot change it. Our app is a service outside of the SharePoint experience. Microsoft would need to add a new feature to disable the details pane in the 'New experience'.

A work around would be to unbind the controls so they are not shown in a column. If you require the data for a workflow, you may be able to use Query XML and reference the NFFormData from 'Item Properties'.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I'll be blunt, time for Nintex to get on the horn with Microsoft then, cause this greatly diminishes the need for the Nintex forms product altogether.  

I've made the feature request to enable "disable" options in a Document Library settings for things like Flow, PowerApps, and Details Pane (kinda like Quick Edit has one)

We can stick around on the classic UI for solutions (for a minute), but eventually, Nintex can't be the thing that is holding organizations back.

Badge +5

Very annoying! I will have to ensure users go to the item form through training..

Way to disable details pane on a per list basis – SharePoint Experiences in Office365 and/or SharePoint Server 

Go vote on the user voice item, only 2 votes so far  

Badge +4

It's 2021, and Microsoft still hasn't solved this. Has anyone found a good solution to hide the details panel?

Badge

Again to years away. I have found out something.

In the Details Pane Admins are possible to hide some columns. The Problem is, when i hide the columns in the Details Pane the columns are not available anymore in the Nintex Forms 365. But now the ball is back to Nintex and Nintex can change something in the Nintex Forms 365 App.  I have already created a Vote in Nintex Ideas for that.

Nintex Form should appear when Sharepoint Details Pane | Nintex Ideas