SharePoint Attachments on list item not showing up on Nintex Form

• 5 April 2022
  • 2 replies

We have a classic form that has multiple file attachment controls on it.  All of them allow a user to attach documents and submit the form.  When we reopen the form for the item, one of the controls will consistently not show the file that was attached.  When looking at the list item itself, the attachment does exist there but will not show up on the form.  

I've confirmed that the custom JS script is not the cause, and there are no rules on the control in question.  

What could be possible causes of this issue?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there, 

I think it would be useful for us to see the settings / configuration on your attachment controls. I tried to replicate your scenario - added two attachment controls in classic, but, I can't get the same behavior. How many attachments are we talking about here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@JasonForbes 

You have all your files in the same control because the control is the default control for attachments. If you upload files outside of the Nintex form, this default attachment control will display all files that were added outside of the Nintex form. This is the behavior you are seeing.

And this behavior makes me ask 2 remarks/questions :

-First of all, why have JS on the form? what exactly does this JS do, to add the PCs to an item the native Nintex controls are sufficient. Can you tell us what this JS does ? if it is the JS who manages all the Attachments part, then it is normal that you have this behavior, because you do not use the native operation of nintex.

-Secondly, is it the same list form (and same SharePoint item) that you are looking at?

Example: You create an item by attaching attachments to it in a list A, and you duplicate the item in a list B, you display this item from list B.