Settings for Google Maps for Nintex forms

• 26 November 2019
  • 10 replies

Hello,

I have an issue with enabling Google maps for Nintex forms.

Whatever key I put in Nintex throws an error saying Google maps won't work until until it is configured properly.

I don't understand how can Nintex pull the co-ordinates and not the map.

Is google faulty or Nintex?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Nintex Forms Geolocation control uses Bing maps by default.
Is that not working for you?

Hi Simon,

No it doesn't work for me.

Hello Simon,

My client requirement is to use the marker on maps and get the co-ordinates accordingly. 

By default maps I wasn't able to do that. 

Can you please advise me on that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

I am sorry I am not aware of how to acheive the functionality you are looking for.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @vpamidimukkala,

Using Google maps in the web browser requires a Google api key(https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key) which can be set in the form settings(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/office365/Designer/FormSettings.htm).

Hi @leighburke,

I have done all of those. I do have a api key and I placed it in the Nintex provided google maps API key.

Then Nintex throws an error saying Google maps won't work until it is configured correctly.

I don't find any errors or documentation regarding that over the internet. Nintex keeps quiet as well. 

Is there something that I am missing in that configuration?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @vpamidimukkala,

If you have configured it correctly and are still having issues then I would raise a support ticket(support@nintex.com). They will be able to investigate the issue further for you.

Has anyone been able to get this configured, I am sitting with the same problem and tried a bunch of different configurations, Api URL containing the Api Key, my Google Maps API Key, the JavaScript API key request URL, nothing seems to work. Keep getting the Error message: 

Google Maps won't work until it is configured properly.

Badge +2

Hello, has this issue been resolved? I am getting the same error.

Google requires you to have a Billing Account set up for the Google Cloud Project in order to use these apis.  You can see this by enabling dev tools in your browser when you add your api key in the Nintex forms settings page.  Once you have set up your Billing Account and associated it to your Google Cloud Project (where you got your api keys), then go back to NWC (or Nintex for O365) and refresh the page, then go back to settings and add your api key, and it will work.