Solved

Setting up a condition for a drop down choice

• 6 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

Hi

I'm trying to set up a Condition where if a drop down is selected on a InfoPath form it will send a request to a specific approver. So if a user selects Word the request for Approval goes to Manager X and if a user requests Excel the approval goes to Manager Y. I'm using Nintex 2010. Any help appreciated.

icon

Best answer by rickbakker 6 April 2017, 16:21

View original

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi Darren Floyd‌,

There are basically 2 options, based on how default the e-mail is and if you want extra stuff to happen dependent on the choice.

Option 1

Use the switch action based on the item property which contains the choice field. You need to add a flexi-task in each branch. One for Word, one for Excel etc.

Option 2

Use the switch action based on the item property which contains the choice field. You set variables which you use in the flexi-task to differentiate, like a variable holding the account of the manager and a variable for the subject of the e-mail. In this case, you only need one flexi-task placed after the switch.

Cheers,

Rick

switch‌

Badge +10

Thanks Rick. Very helpful. Would this also work by a user had an option to select Excel AND Word AND Powerpoint on the same form? Would I store the additional application request(s) in a variable then set up a Condition?

Badge +8

The next question is ofcourse what to do when some managers should approve multiple options like one manager should approve for Word and Excel, but PowerPoint is done by someone else. I ask you to create a new question for this because the initial question was about a dropdown and mark this question as answered. I will then answer that new question. Thanks.

Badge +10

Thanks Rick. I'll do that now.