Set choice field based on previous choice field?

• 8 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Product: Nintex Forms for Office 365 (creating a responsive form)

Scenario:

I've got a lookup list drop-down on a form (Choice field AAA)

I've got a regular choice radio button on the form as well (Choice Field BBB) that has no default value. 

Requirement: If you pick a specific option from Choice field AAA, I want the choice field in BBB to pick a specific value. I then went to disable Choice BBB, but I already know how to do that last part. 

I got excited when I saw the "Set Field Value" rules option, but that option doesn't appear on choice fields. 

So, how can I achieve this? I realize its been asked, but I just can't find a good step by step answer. A lot of them seem to require you use the option on the field to set "client ID JavaScript variable name". I don't seem to have that option under advanced, and I'm not sure why. 

No "client id" option

Anyone walk me through my options here? 

4 replies

Badge +3

OK, so I found out that Responsive forms don't support JavaScript. (see:  )

So is there a way to do what I'm trying to do?

Any plans for "Set field value" to be added to other field types? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Michael Boggs‌,

The product does not support this at the moment. We are currently working on Universal Forms which is the replacement of the existing Responsive Forms which includes a new rule builder. The below video shows some of the functionality.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +3

Ok Euan Gamble, that is really cool. Followup questions.

1. Will this be available in Nintex for Office 365 or only in NWC?

2. Will you be able to convert existing O365 forms to this new format or will it have to be manually recreated? I have over 20 hours into this very complex form... 

3. When will this be available?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Michael Boggs‌,

1. Will this be available in Nintex for Office 365 or only in NWC?
      This is currently available in Nintex Workflow Cloud Forms today but will be released as part of Universal Forms for Office 365.

2. Will you be able to convert existing O365 forms to this new format or will it have to be manually recreated? I have over 20 hours into this very complex form... 
      Our current build is supporting migration from existing Responsive Forms to Universal Forms today. Hoping we can support this process at launch but still needs to be confirmed.

3. When will this be available?
      I'm hoping we can get it out by the end of the year but I we still have a lot of work ahead of us. If you would like to participate in an early access program, just register here. Once we get closer to release, we will reach out to give you early access and ask for your feedback.

Cheers,

Euan