Set a field value based on a list of values

• 28 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello All,

I am trying to set a field value (Region) based on another field (County).  So if the County contains any of the following counties:  Anderson, Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Franklin, Grainger, Greene, Grundy, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Polk, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sequatchie, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union, Washington then I want to set the Region to East Grand Region.  However if the County contains:  Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Cumberland, Davidson, DeKalb, Dickson, Fentress, Giles, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence , Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Buren, Warren, Wayne, White, Williamson, Wilson then I want to set the Region to Middle Grand County and so on.  I have done Google searches and have not found anything.  Its been a couple of days and its driving me bonkers.  Thx for any help!

1 reply

Badge +6

In the form or workflow? And how is the user entering the information?  The way I would solve this is using a lookup list, a seperate list with 2 columns, county & region. Then have that list drive the drop down in the form and then in the workflow have it use that value to search the list to get the region value and use the update activity to write that value in the list.  There's probably a better way to do this but I'm not a Nintex expert haha