Solved

Set a Field Value with a List Lookup Control

• 20 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Hello;

Could you help me please with this case : 

i have a list with States and Capitals : states are in a drop down( Lookup control), Capital on single line;

On the form "o365", i want to select a state and show the capital associated in the list on a single line filed.(Disabled, user cannot modify the capital)

Thank you for you help in advance;

Ahmed.

icon

Best answer by courtney_shelto 21 April 2017, 21:06

View original

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi ahmed,

You are looking for a Cascaded Dropdown . here you go Cascading Drop Down – With Nintex Form in O365 . This worked for me . Please try this too https://community.nintex.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FCPUtIMWkyWE     

nintexforms‌ custom development‌ cascading dropdown‌ forms for o365‌

Thanks 

Bashya Rajan A

Thank you Bashya for your response; I know how to do cascaded Dropdown, no Issues;

But;

For my case, I have only 1 value returned, so i want that value on a Text box not on drowpdown list.(to avoid click on the dropdown list then select the only value)

any idea how i can do that ?

Thank you Again

Ahmed

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can do this with a Calculated Value! There is a runtime function called "Lookup" and the syntax is lookup("title of the other list", "column to filter on", "value to filter on", "output column").

So you can have a box labeled State then a label that says "Capital" and have the calculated field under that. They're not editable. So yours would be something like lookup("states and capitals", "State", state, "capital") .  Make sure when you pick the "value to filter on" field, you pick it from "Named Controls", not "Item Properties." 

Thank you so much Courtney, this is exactly what i was looking for, i was sure this will work for me before testing.

I have 1 more question if you could help me with : How can i filter on 2 fields at same time ?

ex : Filed    Country : US or Canada :

Cities: both have vancouver

size : to lookup

List: country  | city            | size

US     |vancouver  | 2222

Canada | vancouver | 5555

please find my case with all details at below URL :

Dropdown cascading lookup with 2 filters fields !! 

Thank you Again Courtney

Ahmed

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I replied to your thread; can you go ahead and close this one by marking an answer as correct if your question has been answered?