Set Variable, list lookup multi selection based on choice field that is also multi selection

• 10 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Have a scenario I cannot figure out and need assistance on. Many thanks for any advice in advance!

Have form where user inputs integrated functions (multi select). Want to be able to email all of the users associated with the integrated functions each time the form is submitted. 

List Info:

List 1- ABONew

Fields for ABONew

IFMembers (people or group, allow multi selection)

IntegratedFunctions (Choice field, allow multi selection)

List 2- FunctionsForABO

Fields for FunctionsForABO

Person For ABO List (person or group, allow multi selection)

IF (single line of text)

Originally I was trying to create a variable where it equals list lookup, source list 2, field Person for ABO when IF Equals List Lookup Current Item (List1) IntegratedFunctions (see screenshot attached)

but this is not working. If I need to use a collection variable and loop through that, I am not sure how to accomplish this and need some visual example/assistance. 

I think the scenario is possible, but just am not going about it correctly, obviously. TY!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I think I understand what you are trying to do. 

• In your form (list 1) you have a drop-down field on your form that pulls in data from another list on your site (list 2).

• Then the workflow needs to lookup names in a people column in list 2 from the choice selected above.

If so:

1. You need to create an integer field on your form in list 1, which you can hide but it must be on the form. When a choice is selected, populate the integer field using a rule with the formula convertToNumber(parseLookup([Form].[drop-down field name],false)). For example:

2. Then in your workflow, where you want to populate the names: click on the address book icon and choose list lookup. Select the name of your list 2 as the source. In "field" choose the field that contains the people and then click on the fx button so you can choose the e-mail address option. For the "when" condition choose ID and set Equals to List Lookup > Current Item and then select the integer field you set above and press Insert. It will look like this (with your field names of course):

Good luck! I use this all the time and it works perfectly.

Hi- I am using Nintex Workflow for O365, not Nintex Cloud. I am not seeing the Convert to Number function in O365. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

convertToNumber is in both O365 and Cloud: convertToNumber (nintex.com) which would be used in a rule on your form. This is step 1 in the solution I offered. Step 2 takes place in the workflow and convertToNumber is not available in the workflow, so I am thinking that is where you are trying to find this.