Solved

Sender's Email after exporting/impoting workflow

• 25 February 2017
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello,

I need to export workflow across tenants, so I was testing with a sample from Nintex DEMO site.

I was able to import List, Form, Workflow into my site successfully, but Email notification was sent from reply@workflownotification.com.

My site 'sent from' address is something different (no-reply@sharepointonline.com), but I couldn't find where to re-configure this.

Am I expecting this behavior when I export workflow from my site to customer's site, or is this email address Nintex DEMO site specific?

Kind regards,

-Naoko

icon

Best answer by xMikeX 28 February 2017, 03:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

I believe you are looking to change the reply to address in central admin.   See here for details: Global Settings 

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Mike

Badge +3

Mike,

Thank you for the reply.

I checked your URL, but it looks like a configuration for SharePoint on-premise? I'm looking for O365.

After more testing, I found that Import/Export was not related, but it was related Nintex Lazy Approval setting. Sent from address is:

- reply@workflownotification.com: with Lazy Approval ON. (Yes Approver can reply, because of Lazy Approval.)    

- no-reply@sharepointonline.com: with Lazy Approval Off

I believe that this is Nintex (workflownotification.com) and O365 (sharepointonline.com) default setting, but is there any way to update the sent from address on O365?

If this is controlled on O365 and no way of updating it, I also would like to confirm.

Thank you!

-Naoko

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

My bad, I didn't realize this was posted in the o365 forum, but indeed you are correct (once upon a time we needn't worry about such things..hehe)  Let me see if I can track down correct info that pertains to your case.

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Here we go this is better suited to O365: 

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218291-3-nintex-workflow-for-office-365/suggestions/9076546-allow-to-change-the-from-address-inside-the-send

https://community.nintex.com/thread/3054

It appears its just not available in O365, but please vote up the feature.

Thanks,
Mike

Badge +3

Mike,

This helped!

Thank you,

-Naoko

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

To add on, it's not only related to the Lazy Approvals, in my experience. In the email config, you can select "Internal" or "External with Attachments" and if you select the latter, you always get reply@workflownotification.com whereas the internal are always no-reply@sharepointonline.com .