Solved

'Send Email' action will not send an email to multiple distribution lists

• 15 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

I am running into an issue with a Nintex for O365 Workflow. I have mutliple distribution list that are set to receive an email on a submitted form and the individual who submits the form gets CC'd on the email. The individual who submits the form receives the email. However the distribution lists that are in to 'To' section does NOT receive the email. I have placed those DL's in a SharePoint group so they have access to the site, just in case. Any thoughts? Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by cjones 23 August 2019, 14:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
This is actually a Microsoft restriction. It looks like Distribution lists cannot receive emails.
https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/330318-sharepoint-administration/suggestions/17567179-send-alerts-to-o365-distribution-lists-in-sharepoi
Badge +7
This can't be true as I have another form that emails a single distribution list just fine...
Badge +7

I was able to find a workaround to this issue. I created a regular text workflow variable; then set it to be the distribution lists email address' with a semi-colin seperating them. The email then delivered successfully.

(i.e. dList1@domain.com; dList 2@domain.com; dList3@domain.com)