Run workflow based on User

Badge +9

No you will not be able to filter run if action based on a people picker field. Use condition action.

12 replies

Badge +3
If I use the Condition Action, how am I typing the user in? I've tried their email and that didn't seem to work.
Badge +12

@mcamarco ....could you please provide more information on what exactly you're trying to achieve?

Badge +3
Run if initiator is not equal to user/group to start an approval process.

or in the conditional branch:
If Initiator is equal to user -- run an approval process under the "no" branch.
Badge +12

@mcamarco .....did you try saving your user in a variable and then comparing it with initiator or vice versa or both?

Badge +3
I have not, save the user email as a variable?
Badge +3

I saved each user as a variable using their email, the conditional branch didnt run properly.

@kunalpatel 

Badge +9

6061iE0C08D492B39DB31.png

Badge +3

Is that using o365?

I'm using the Conditional Branch action within my workflow and have it configured as follows:

Badge +12

@mcamarco .....Is there a reason for using email id instead of username or display name? If you want to compare the email  then you can get the email of the initiator and then compare it with your variable. If equal operator doesn't work then try using contain operator.

Badge +9

No, this is on prem SP. But, you can directly type users name and that should be fine.

Badge +12

@brightlight ....If @mcamarco has dynamic users then it won't work.

Badge +12

@mcamarco ......since you're checking Initiator's information, did you try to use set variable action and get the email address of the initiator and then compare it with other email variables? 

Is it possible to check against display name or username instead?