Restrict Repeating Sections - New Responsive Designer

• 24 March 2020
  • 5 replies

This post explains how to use a formula and a calculated value control to limit the number of repeating sections in a Responsive Designer form. Could this solution be repurposed for a similar requirement in a New Responsive Designer form, or is there a feature in the New Responsive Designer which allows an easier implementation? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @rthomson ,

With a repeating section you can set a maximum number of rows on the control. Or are you also needing to restrict an option being used again in a repeating section?

Hi @leighburke - thanks, but yes: I need to also be able to restrict an option being used again - e.g. a continent is chosen in the form, and within the repeating section a country is chosen (from a cascading continent-country drop-down list), and each country within the chosen continent may be chosen only once/ the form should not submit if there are > 1 repeating sections with any one country.

(I also need to change the max number of rows depending on which continent is chosen.)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@rthomson Currently in new responsive forms you can only get the whole array and not each individual row, so I am not sure how you would be able to compare them to each other. It might be easier to use responsive forms in this case.

@leighburke  - OK: good to know - thanks!