Not applicable

Replace a Substring in a String

We're having a weird issue with the "Replace a Substring in a String" option for NIntex Workflows in Office 365.  Any time we look up information from a workflow variable or a list item field for the "String" input (the sting to search), the value returned to the output variable is always {0}.  This does not happen if the "String" option (the string to look up) is a string literal.  It seems like this was working fine just two weeks ago.

Also, I wanted to open a ticket but you need a license key.  I know we have one but it doesn't show in the help screens (only shows the tennant ID).  Anyone know where to find the key for Office 365?

0 Kudos
Reply
6 Replies
robertwagenaar
Nintex Newbie

Re: Replace a Substring in a String

I have almost exactly the same isue, but in my case the output variable is always {0}. And in my case also, this was working fine two weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Reply
Not applicable

Re: Replace a Substring in a String

I was able to open a ticket with them and they confirmed it as an issue.  Last I heard they had forwarded the problem on to the software engineers, hopefully they get it fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Reply
fhunth
Workflow Veteran

Re: Replace a Substring in a String

You can write to support[at]nintex.com. They will guide you to create a ticket.

0 Kudos
Reply
robertwagenaar
Nintex Newbie

Re: Replace a Substring in a String

actually, I've already worked around this, it's more that I think it's important to let Nintex know there might be an issue with their software..

0 Kudos
Reply
Not applicable

Re: Replace a Substring in a String

Hey Paul, your tenant ID is your license key for Nintex for Office 365. If you enter that on the Ask Support​ form, that'll create a support ticket for you.

Edit: thanks for the pick up Paul, I've also updated the Nintex Licensing Information​ doc to reflect the difference between Nintex on premise, and Nintex for Office 365.

0 Kudos
Reply
Not applicable

Re: Replace a Substring in a String

Hi Emily,

I added my tenant ID to the license key box but it told me it was an invalid key.  I was able to work around it by adding an old license key for our retired on-prem SharePoint.

0 Kudos
Reply