Repeating section data stores with GUIDs in New responsive form

Hello,

I am using new responsive form which has the repeating section but the data stores in the format of GUIDs for columns within the Repeating section.

Please see the sample data below. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version>1.0</Version><Items><Item><_88b163c32b49c2faf9db8fb0386b5315 type="System.String">Name</_88b163c32b49c2faf9db8fb0386b5315></Item><Item><_88b163c32b49c2faf9db8fb0386b5315 type="System.String">Name2</_88b163c32b49c2faf9db8fb0386b5315></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

Is it possible to remove the GUIDs and show the column names in SharePoint list?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
That sounds like an excellent suggestion to post within https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218293-4-nintex-forms-for-office-365
I'll vote for it!
I guess the reason for the existing design is you can rename the control all you want and the control ID within the repeating section will remain the same.
It's a nuisance to correlate which column to reference within the Workflow. It looks like Nintex goes through the controls left to right and row by row within the repeating section. I usually create a sample record with unique data to confirm the control ID matches what the Workflow will use for the ExtractXML property.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Just letting you know that Nintex is aware of this issue.

I have this issue too...

Would love it to resolve the 'normal' XML in repeating section.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
We also faced this issue, we had to be very careful to export the init form to be used as task form to not lose the guid control names in the repeating section.
Badge +7
unless you have a 100% requirement to use the new responsive forms, I would just use Responsive forms 1.0 as the repeating section works better. You also can do more things like totals. incline calculations, etc that you can't do with the new responsive forms.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22

@bstori That may be the case at the present time but New Responsive forms are being heavily developed and will surpass the capabilities of Responsive forms in the near future.

Badge +7
I am not disagreeing with you on that, I was just stating that if there isn't a hard requirement/ feature you need to use the new responsive forms for then use the 1st version.

I had to build a form a month or so ago and I needed to have line by line totals in a repeating section with a grand total at the end.

You can't do that in the new responsive forms.

So my comments are based on the requirements of the forms...and if you don't want to deal with GUIDs in your workflow to get repeating section data then just use the 1st generation.