Solved

Redirect in Ninten Form (Responsive) Not Working

Badge +3

Hi all,

I tried creating responsive nintex form and chose to redirect the user after clicking submit or cancel. It is not working though. Even google.com is not working. It goes https://formso365.nintex.com/Pages/my-website-url

1826iA8A8D52C1088C859.pngI just want the user to redirect to another page.

icon

Best answer by eharris04 5 June 2019, 19:08

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Are you typing in "https://www.google.com" or copy/pasting it in?

Badge +17

@KarlChristopher  What are you doing to the submit button. I would recommend typing out the URL completely with the "HTTP" or "https" to ensure it picks it up. Also, it does take a second to redirect, but it should work. 

If you are seeing an error message, the redirect may be working but the page may not be accessible. Just a thought, but hard to say without knowing the URL you are aiming for. 

Badge +3
I am copy pasting it
Badge +3

it is a sharepoint page and should be accessible. I am copy pasting it since it is a very long url, but let me try to do it by typing hopefully it works.

Badge +1

@eharris04 - Hi Ed,

Sorry to jump on the back of Karl's questions, but I am having the same issue and have typed in my redirect URL as you have suggested, (to confirm, the redirect is to a O365 sharepoint site that all internal users have Read Only access to), but I am still receiving this error message.   I have removed the cancel button as well, so I now only have the save/submit button. 

The redirect URL is as I would copy and paste it, but I have seen comments about using the .aspx at the end, is this what I am missing?  It shouldn't be this hard!

The form is also submitting to the list as expected.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated. 

Badge +17

@RC @KarlChristopher Try pasting the url in notepad first to ensure you're not carrying over any HTML tags and then put it into the control. 

Let me know if that works for you two.

Badge +1

@eharris04  - Yes, that worked, finally!!!  I copied and pasted the URL from the notepad into the re-direct URL field as well, which is even better.  I had also managed to get the form to send back to the O365 front/home page, ensuring that I had typed the URL into the field rather than pasting it, but it is better for the users if they are directed to the actual sharepoint page/site.    Thanks. 

Badge +3
I can say that this has worked. Thank you.
Badge +2

@eharris04  - I have a similar issue when users are on mobile devices, but I do not have a redirect on the form.  Any advice?  They are getting the same  '/'Server Application Error message: 

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated. 

Badge +17

@hinesdev try pasting the url in notepad first.... see if that helps.