Solved

Querying and looping through a collection in O365

Badge +7

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble querying and sending items. It's my first time using the Nintex workflow O365 and I am not used to it and some of the features in nintex on-prem is not there.

What I would want to do is query a calendar and all the items in a specific date I set will be extracted and it should be several columns like title, start time, end time, comments and so on. and store it to a string.

What I am doing in the on prem nintex workflow is

calculate the date (for date range) => query list => for each => set variable => build string => send notification

I am having trouble because the list item id variable is not present in O365 that is what iam putting in the for each action and I am not familiar with using the collection actions but if you can enlighten me in the process I will easily get it.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Rogelio

icon

Best answer by rickbakker 7 May 2017, 20:52

View original

5 replies

Badge +8

Hi ,

When you use the 'Query list' action, you can select the list item ID column, so please share some more input about the action you are using to query the list.

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +7

Hi Rick Bakker‌,

What I want to replicate to O365 is this workflow.

and this is the variables I used. What I'm trying to look for in O365 is the variable type List Item ID because that where I compare my set variable items.

First is I use a calculate date for the computation of the range I will query

Then I used it to query items in a calendar app

after querying I will use a for each action to loop through all of the queried item.

then I use a set variable to get the datas I needed

And I can't replicate it on the O365 because there is no Variable type List Item ID which I uses to put in the for each action and Set variables to compare it to the current data to get what I need.

Because when I tried to replicate it on the O365 Nintex workflow there is limited variable types to choose from.

I hope I am clear on my explaintion.

Also what I really wanted to happen is just query items on a list and email it. I tried using a collection variable but im getting this

{"Title":"728","EventDate":"2017-05-07T16:00:00Z"}

What I would want to get is

728 | 2017-05-07T16:00:00Z

Thanks

Cheers

Badge +8

Hi Rogelio Tan‌,

I have added an exported Nintex Workflow. Hopefully this will help you.

What I did was:

1. Added a list on which I added the workflow.

2. Added a calendar app (Called 'Calendar').

3. Added 2 entries in the calendar.

4. Created the workflow (on the list with a very default name ).

5. Added an item in the list.

6. Started the workflow on the item.

The Workflow History showed (using a 'Log to History List' action):

As you can see from the workflow history, the ID, start time and end date show up just fine. I did not use a filter in the 'Query list' action. I leave that up to you

Please let me know if this sample workflow was useful.

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +7

Hi ‌,

It worked for me! Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

Badge +3

I am unable to open the NWP file type???