Query User Profile action can't find user(s)

• 27 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Office 365 Query User Profile action to get some details from the UPS. The list contains a user column which has a user selected. I'm tried using both the login name and email address of the user field for the lookup, but neither work.

When running the workflow, it suspends at the query action with the following error:

User 'i:0#.f|membership|ben.short@synergi.it' does not exists or user profile cannot be found.

I have tried the same action on another tenancy and get the same error, so it doesn't seem to be isolated to a single environment/tenant.

Loading the following URL does return results however, suggesting the issue isn't with the UPS itself.

/_api/sp.userprofiles.peoplemanager/getpropertiesfor(%27i%3A0%23.f%7Cmembership%7Cben.short@synergi.it%27) 

Has anyone had any similar issues?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Firstly you must grant access to workflow.

Take a look at >>> Grant permissions to the User Profiles service 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Ben, the action wants an email address format. So, in your workflow action, in the "User name (Email address)" field, click "Advanced Lookup," then navigate to the item you want, then click the "x" next to it before you click "insert" 

Then select "email address"

Have you tried entering a static email address that's affiliated with an account?

Badge +3

Same problem here, unable to use component to ask user profile property

and i apply a trust on it

Badge +3

So when we remove claim, it's working good

But i think a great evolution for Nintex will to not suspend the workflow if no user property or user found, it's block the processus! 😞 😞 :(