Solved

Problems with getting data out of a Collection Variable

• 7 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I am having problems with getting data out of a collection variable.  At first I was using a complex collection variable which was populated by a List query and returning 4 different columns and their values.  Since I couldn't get out any of the data, I then changed my query to just return on 1 column of data.  There is only one row that is returned with my test query.  

Here is my problem, I can't get the data for my item out of the collection.  I have a For Each on the collection and it that I use Get Item from Collection.  When I do that I get the error: Index must be 0 or greater.  Doesn't matter if I hard code a 0 into the value field, or a 1, or use a interger variable set to 0, I still get that error.  I even tried to run the Get Item from Collection on it's own and then I get the error: Index property is greater than the number of items in the collection.

Here is my collection variable from my history log: [{"FUND_x0020_TITLE":"475 - CULVER CITY PARKING AUTHORITY"}]

What am I missing?  I am new to Nintex but have used a collection variable before and got my data using Get Item from Collection.  

icon

Best answer by anissa_divincen 1 May 2019, 00:39

View original

3 replies

Badge +17

I completely understand this can be frustrating.  You marked this with forms, so I'm curious is this a workflow or forms issue. 

If possible, could you export your workflow and share it here. You may have to zip it in a folder to upload. I'll personally look into this for you. Also a sample of your list or form structure would help to make sense of your inputs for the collection. 

Thanks,

Eric

Badge +3

Here is the workflow in it's latest state.  And yes, I  should have put Workflow and not forms, thanks for noticing that.

Badge +3

This problem must have been intermittent as things are now working as expected.  It happened again to me where it wouldn't work and then later worked.  Not sure why.