Solved

Page Viewer Control - not displaying Office 365 files

• 20 July 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I cannot get the Page Viewer control to work. I've tried Word and PDF files saved to Office 365. I've even tried granting public access to the file.

The error I get is this:

This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.

What you can try:

Open this content in a new window  this link works to open the file in a new tab

icon

Best answer by alexjolynintex 14 December 2016, 11:21

View original

8 replies

Badge +3

I am also experiencing this problem, any solution for this? 

Badge +7

I think Microsoft doesn't allow SharePoint pages (or documents) to display in iframe. 

Badge +3

Okay, Any other way that i can view a document on the form?

Badge +9

Hi

I also had this requirement come up when working on a recent multi state approval workflow.  I wanted the guarantee that the document would open in the browser, regardless of which office version ( 2010 , 2013 ) the user had installed.

My approach was build a link variable for a approval tasks and any emails then use the the native Office Online document preview. 

Hope this helps

Badge +6

To embed the document inside the page viewer of a Nintex Forms, you have to add “&action=embedview&Embed=1” at the end of the URL, else it wouldn’t work!

So the Source parameter will look like this :

https://XXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/XXXX/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=%7BD5B8DD00-CEA7-45DB-AF5A-8BF331DCCA3E%7D&action=embedview&Embed=1

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ do you find any answer as the solution for your question so that you could mark it as "Correct"?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +9

Hi that is handy to know should I need to embed a link in a form - in my case  I didn't need the last &action=embedview&Embed=1.  Out of interest, I wonder if there is a Form control to list the documents in  another document library whilst invoking a Form on another list.  Maybe create  link via a calc field as per the format you suggested above.

Badge +6

Hi Dude,

Please have a look at this from Microsoft . Office 365 SharePoint Online - Page Viewer Web Part Not Working - Microsoft Community  

Regards 

Bashya Rajan A