Order of Task Attachments

• 12 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a task form - say, Task Form 1 - with 3 different sections, and each section may have an attachment, depending on responses to Yes/ No questions in those sections. On completion of this form, another task is created - say, Task Form 2 - which has the same sections as Task Form 1, and should contain links to whichever documents were attached to Task Form 1, located in the appropriate Task Form 2 sections. This means that when I get the attachments from Task Form 1 (I'm using this method), I need to know (if there's more than 1) which is which, so that I can add the links to the appropriate sections in Task Form 2. I've run some tests and it *looks* like the attachments are retreived in the same order as the vertical positioning of the attachment controls on Task Form 1(i.e. the document attached to the topmost attachment control is returned first) - can anyone confirm this for sure?

I'd hate to launch this workflow and later find that the wrong links are appearing in the wrong sections of Task Form 2.

1 reply

Hmm - further testing show that my vertical positioning theory was a false positive: looks more like they're retrieved in alphabetical order. Would still like to hear if anyone knows for sure.