Office 365 update Item Permission

• 1 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Attempting to set permisions on list items for a purhasing form. 

Desired Result:

initiator - view only

initiator's supervisor - contribute

site admin - full control

Currently the only thing I can achieve is removing existing permissions, and can't seem to add anything. Workflow only contains the one action for granting initiator view and send email.

What is the definition of an external user? All users are currently inherited to 'group member' via an everyone rule. I've tried explicitly adding a test user to the site/list, but no luck and granting permissions.

5 replies

Badge +7
Is the workflow given you any errors regarding the update item permissions? By the looks of it, your query looks good.

When executing the workflow, did it break the inheritance?

I'm not receiving any errors. It's stripping permission down to just myself and site owner, but not adding the view only for initiator. I had this working for another site and have tried replicating everything to this site.

Badge +7

Based on a solution found elsewhere on this form (https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-Office-365/How-to-create-quot-Office-365-update-item-permissions-quot/td-p/63754), can you try to add the e-mail address of the Initiator to a Workflow Variable and then use that variable as the user value within your action?

I assume, based on your image, that you've selected the Initiator's e-mail address via the Advanced Lookup, correct?

Setting the variable manually didn't have any affect.

I was inheriting 'limited access' from the site being shared with me. Once I eliminated that, it worked.