Office 365 Create user action

Badge +1

How do I put validation check before creating user in Office 365 ( I don't use azure AD) ?  I am trying to avoid an error during the workflow process.

Is it possible to validate during form?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi! What would you like to validate? If a user exists already? What is your scenario? Where and how do you get data to create a user? Via a form? Or from the workflow itself?

*) you can't validate anything inside the action execution. Only before or after (if action don't put workflow into suspended or terminated state).

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +1

I am writing user on boarding process, SharePoint list or Form will be used to collect new users information. I am looking for the validation check that user does not exist .  If user already exist then I need to show appropriate message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well I don't know your level of expertise, but I would use a request to the SharePoint User Profile REST API each time a field in your form, dedicated for a login/ email, looses focus. If the call returns anything that would mean a user with the given login already exists. Based on that you can create a validation ride in your form and voilla

Regards,

Tomasz