O365 Workflow to Add an Event to Calendar Password

Badge +6

I am trying to create a simple out of office request workflow. All it does is create a task to go to the manager for approval. If approved, add to the user and manager calendar, either as "Working Elsewhere" for a request to work from home and "Out of Office" for any other type of request. The last item in the flow is to send an email to the requestor, telling them if it was approved or denied. I am having two probelms with it.

1) I had another user test it and it created the task, but never sent it for approval, either to her or me, even though it correctly assigned her as task owner. (this will change to requestor's manager once it works correctly)

2) How do I set up the Create Calendar item? It needs a user name and password, but if I use mine, it puts it on my calendar. It doesn't work without a password, and I don't see anyway to capture the user's password to enter it.

All of it works when I try it, but I have my email as the one to use for the last step, which puts it on my calendar. 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Sometimes the mails are not sent if you have a error in it. Check if anything is weird. Worst case scenario : copy-paste the HTML of the mail, remove the tokens and insert them again.

I supposed you are talking about an outlook calendar, not a SharePoint list calendar ?
If this is a SharePoint list, just use the "create an item" action, it works fine.
Badge +6

No, the problem is the requirement to have a password in the "Create Calendar Item" action: