Solved

O365 Responsive Form Cascasing Lookup Select Default Value

• 27 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello All,

Wondering if anybody has a solution to my quandry that I have spent the last 2 days trying to figure out.

We have a multi page O365 Form that has been created in the Nintex Responsive Form Designer. there are 3 cascading lookups that work fine without any issues. The steps are as follows:

1.  User selects a Hospital that has a number of Units in the first Drop Down
  2.  Second Drop Down displays the units relevant to the Hospital, which the user selects
  3.  Third Drop Down now displays a Single Value, which does not get selected by default
  4.  Once the Third value is selected, sections within the form automatically get enabled

I am trying to get the third value automatically selected as it will always be a single value, but nothing works. I could not find any Variables or Functions to automatically select this value.

I know that JavaScript is not allowed for responsive Forms, so in a bit of a fix. Users will be using these forms on Mobile Devices, so we will definitely need to use the Responsive Forms.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by MonteiroR 4 October 2019, 22:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

The only thing I can think of would be to use a Calculated Value control for the third cascade with a Lookup runtime function that filters off of the 2nd cascade.
This way as soon as you select the 2nd cascade the the Calculated value control will populate.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not get the option for the "Calculated Value" control in the new Responsive Designer

Since the 3rd lookup was always going to be a single value, I created a workflow to get the 3rd value and auto-populate into the list when the user selects the first two values. The client liked this option as there was one less item to look at and they knew the third value was always going to be a single value dependent on the first two.

Regards,

Rob