Can't find Worklist Items, but can see assigned destination users in the workspace

• 31 March 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am able to create the new Process instance programatically of the workflow process using K2.Net 2003. I can see in the K2 workspace that the users are getting allocated to the client activities. But when I go to the K2.Net Server -> Worklist -> Manageworklist I do not see any worklist items getting created for the client activities for this new process.  Hence programmatically I am also not able to search for the worklist items for the newly created process instance also.

What could be the missing piece here? I have client activity with the destination users set. I just don’t find worklist item that should be created when I start the process even though I see destination users for the activities from the workspace.

Thanks for your help !

2 replies

Badge +10

Do you see any errors in the K2 Service Manager under K2.Net Server ->Error Profiles -> (you might need to create a new error profile if you haven't been here before).

I'm suspecting that you have an error in the client activity either in the client event or in another event just before the client event and that's why you do not see the users worklists.

There are a number of things you can check.  

(1)  Try stopping the K2.NET server - and run the K2 Server Service in "console" mode - and watch the activities & process steps to see what's occurring when you start a new process instance.

(2)  Check the "event viewer" - there could be some other error that been logged - eg. permission, connectivity to another system - could cause a timeout - and K2.NET process to remain "running"

(3) Run the K2 Server in debug mode and step through the process in Visual Studio to see exactly how far the process is progressing and what line of code it's failing on.  Follow these steps to enable this:  http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000065.aspx

Badge +1

I found the silly mistake I had done. In the Client Activity’s Client Event Item, I had “Client Side Code” checked instead of the "Internet". It is working now.

Appreciate your help !