Solved

O365 Nintex Forms - Cascading Lookup Issue

• 12 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Working on a form with cascading lookup but cannot get the cascade to work correctly.

Here are my two lists:

216494_pastedImage_1.png216496_pastedImage_3.png

Here is the form layout for the fields:

216498_pastedImage_5.png

Here are the control configs:

216499_pastedImage_6.png

216500_pastedImage_7.png

216501_pastedImage_8.png

The issue is when I use the filtering, the SubmittingOrgBusinessUnit1 field does not provide the filter need when a SubmittingOrg is chosen. In fact it does not offer any option.

216502_pastedImage_9.png

No change with the field for SubmittingOrg is chosen.

216503_pastedImage_10.png

If I do not filter the SubmittingOrgBusinessUnit1 controls, the field show the drop down options.

216504_pastedImage_11.png

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Chris_Ben 13 June 2018, 07:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi William,

The only thing that looks slight strange is your List Column Names in both controls - instead of LinkTitleNoMenu, call the first one SubmittingOrg and the second SubmittingOrgBusinessUnitBusinessUnit1.  At least that is going to retrieve the correct columns for you.

Where I've also noticed a discrepancy is you shouldn't have needed to set up your first list lookup control as Nintex should have done that for you.  In your third list the one where you save all your selections), you can set up the SubmittingOrg list column as a lookup column and pick your SubmittingOrg list.

In your filtering options, I also note that you have SubmittingOrg highlighted in blue.  I'm not sure where that came from but just type the name "SubmittingOrg", don't link to it like you have.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +2

Thanks for the response Chris!  I made the changes you stated and typed in the name. It correct the problem and is working properly now, Thank you very much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Great stuff!