Not applicable

O365 Attachments control on Form doesn't display attached files or show attached files whe editing the form???

I can't seem to make it work. Can anyone provide help? I also wonder where the attached files get stored in SharePoint if this was working OK.

Here's what is happening:

The initial entry of the attachment works OK, browse to a file and select open to attach. The control on the form shows it but after Save nothing displays on the saved record or shows in the SharePoint library as an attachment to the record.

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: O365 Attachments control on Form doesn't display attached files or show attached files whe editing the form???

I am able to add another interesting fact to this thread. The O365 Attachment control does not work when in 'New entry' mode but will work if you edit the form and add the attachment in 'Edit mode'.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: O365 Attachments control on Form doesn't display attached files or show attached files whe editing the form???

In my case attaching a document in Edit mode does not work either.

But if I try with another user it works, I mean I can add a new entry with an attachment

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Interesting! Have you narrowed down why one user works and the other doesn’t? On-Premise user (hybrid environment) syncing with Active Directory vs. Cloud user ID? Permissions? Admin User vs. standard user?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

The user for who it does not work is a site admin but he's only defined in SharePoint Office 365.

The user for who it works has less rights on the site but he's in the Azure AD.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

It seems the user has nothing to do with this issue, I could reproduce it with both user just by changing the form display language.

When I'm working in english the attachment is saved but I change the language (french) it does not... Someone knows something about that?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Update to my original post, It turned out that the SharePoint List was 'corrupt' and had to be recreated in order for the attachment control to work properly.

tbeduneau
Apprentice

I got the same problem....sent to support.

- On Create item, the user added an atachment then saved

- On edit form, the attachment had disappeared

- Addind a new one was OK, the new attachment will be kept in further editions....

In fact this happened whan i had more than 50 "Workflow action"...meaning in fact too many peoplepicker fields, or calculated values, or....

Removing just two peoplepicker columns and it worked !

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I added comments to your posting in the forum.

I only hope that after recreating the site contents (list, Form, Workflow), I don’t have to add another attachment control. I’m guessing it won’t work.

0 Kudos
tbeduneau
Apprentice

My orginal post...maybe same issue ?

Attachment saving issue

0 Kudos