Notification based on due date field in SharePoint

• 5 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I need help with a site workflow based on the due date of tasks.  The workflow would send a notification to the Assigned To person if a task is due soon or past due based on the due date

1. Due date in 10 business days
  2. Due date in 3 business days
  3. Due date is 0 business days
  4. Due date is 5 business days past due date
  5. Due date is 10 business days past due date
  6. Due date is 15 business days past due date and daily after 15 business days
  7. Notifications are sent to the Assigned To person and they receive only one notification in a day
  8. Notifications to be sent at 4:00 each business day
  9. Project and Task status = In Progress
  10. The email notification contains a link, url, to the SharePoint Task List

2 replies

Badge +2

I believe you need to set up a "Call Web Service" and have it scheduled to run at a certain time. Where it would do some collection of data based on the current date and the variance due date. I know we have a few running but I don't have sufficient access to open those workflows without losing the login data for that action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When using O365 Nintex, you can query the Assigned To and choose the property Email to save to a collection Variable. All you need to do in the query is specify a date from the due date to filter by. You can do that in the Add time to date action and use -10, or -3 to "add" days to the due date and get a new calculated date. That will be equivilent to 10 days before the due date.