Solved

No print to pdf - how to print multi step forms?

• 18 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

I don't have print to pdf available & using am multi step form with 3 pages. What's the best way to print all 3 pages? When I click on print preview in Google Chrome I only see the first page.

Do I need to copy all the pages into one panel and then set that as the default for printing etc.?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by stirns 16 January 2018, 21:29

View original

8 replies

Badge +9

Hi Steve,

Just to confirm, this is one form with three panels that show/hide depending on how a user progresses through the form?

If so, I'm wondering if we can use the @media print {} media query listener to show/hide the panels in the Nintex Form when you use the Print to PDF functionality.

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Badge +5

Hello Sean, yes you are correct on the form progression, but we do not have the Print to pdf functionality.

So I am curious how form printing should be accomplished.

I know that one can use the doc gen workflow action to create a document based on a template. And I am working towards that but need to have Word 2016 installed as I have Word 2010.

But if one doesn’t want a document just a form printed how is that accomplished?

Thanks

Steve

Badge +9

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I did a little test to show hidden panels values on print, and was able to come up with some CSS to do that. 

In this example, I have two panels with a different CSS class (firstPanel, secondPanel). I have show/hide rules applied to these panels depending on which tab is selected on the Choice control during new/edit runtime.

Next, I added the following CSS: 

.firstPanel {}
.secondPanel {}

That way, both classes are found in the Custom CSS section in Forms Settings.

Lastly, add the following CSS to show the panels when you print the form:

@media print {
.firstPanel {
visibility: visible !important;
display: initial !important;
}

.secondPanel {
visibility: visible !important;
display: initial !important;
}
}

Thank you,

Badge +5

Hi Sean, that css tweak does show both panels when the browser print preview is chosen, Thanks for that tip!!

the real problem that I am fighting with is this, the scroll bars on the side of the print preview.

When I choose print through the browser I get exactly what you see above.

I would like to be able to print the entire form through the browser for wet signature purposes

thanks

Steve

Badge +9

Hi Steve,

You should be able to set the overflow value to hidden for the area of the page that is going to be printed all while in the @media print query of the CSS classes.

.panel { overflow: hidden;}

Thank you,

Sean Fiene

Badge +5

Hello Sean, i made some changes and went with the 'Print button' as outlined in this link below.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32956.office365-nintex-print-button.aspx

I thank you for your help in this matter.

Steve

Badge +4

Hi Sean,

did you try your solution for 3 or more panel ?

I add in the css a page-break-after for each panel

It works fine for panel 1 and 2

but panel 2 and 3 are superimposed on the same page

Did you have an idea ?

Thanks,

Jim

Badge +1

You can put a JS into the form , it works for me !