Solved

Nintex’s Offline capabilities

Badge +9

Hi all,

We have a prospective customer and staff uses mobile devices. At times, they have to collect some field work where there is no Internet access.

We understand that we could use App Studio for this for Nintex’s Offline capabilities.

However, how could we enable  / activate the  app studio mobile app and how could use test at our testing environment for testing the offline Nintex’s Offline capabilities?

Any articles or blog posts related to this will be highly recommended.  

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 17 April 2017, 07:44

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

From my understanding Nintex App Studio is just a tool to build and customize the look&feel of your mobile app. However, this is the mobile app you can get from a related store, that brings the offline capabilities to the forms users are able to fill using it.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +9

Thanks Tomasz Poszytek‌ 

One last clarification though. For offline forms on Nintex mobile devices, is there any extra configuration is required?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, this feature is OOTB for the application.

When you open a form in the mobile app you will notice, you can either save it or send it

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +1

The best way to quickly evaluate Nintex's offline capabilities is to try Nintex Mobile which is freely available on one of the public app store e.g the App Store or Google Play.   

Download it from one of the public app stores. You can find a link to the app stores here:

Mobile Workflow and Forms - Nintex 

When you have Nintex Mobile installed you'll need to create a profile and sign in to either SharePoint or Nintex Workflow Cloud to access any mobile forms you have created.  Once those forms are download you are ready for Offline mode.  

To test Offline mode you can either go somewhere really remote that is away from network connectivity or just put your phone into Airplane mode. Now try filling in some forms and submitting them.  You should find the Nintex Mobile will let you do this and safely keeps any of the forms you submit in its Outbox.  When network connectivity is restore Nintex Mobile will begin submitting any forms in the Outbox. 

One other thing that is very important to note is that all of the apps created with Nintex App Studio will have the same Offline mode as Nintex Mobile.  This is because Nintex App Studio takes the Nintex Mobile engine as the starting point for all of the apps it builds so anything that Nintex Mobile does is true of the app that Nintex App Studio creates.

Badge +9

Thanks Tomasz Poszytek‌ ..

• I already has Nintex Mobile app.
  • Disabled my WIFI. 
  • Tried to submit 2 forms via Mobile App while there is no Internet. 

• Turned on Wifi. 
  • both the forms were submitted.
  • Also shown on the SharePoint Portal. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So it works as designed. Is it ok for you? Or did you expect different behavior?

Badge +9

Yes, ‌  ..as expected. 

Thanks for valuable inputs!   

Badge +9

thanks ‌ !!

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have the case, Nintex Mobile connect into our internal SharePoint farm which only can be accessed from office through office's Wifi.

I have tested that if I connect to SharePoint farm from Nintex Mobile, all nintex form will be displayed in Nintex Mobile and I am able to submit form.

Then I turn off my phone's Wifi and I still able to create draft in Nintex Mobile.

What I found is when I restart my mobile phone or close the Nintex Mobile; all of forms are not visible in my Nintex Mobile.

Is that the default behaviour of Nintex Mobile? Are nintex forms stored in phone's memory?

Badge +1

Hi All,

I found another interesting thing, the case from my previous comment is using Nintex Mobile Apps that I generated by using Nintex App Studio. The Apps only have 1 connection to connect into my SharePoint farm.

When I try the similar case by using Nintex Mobile Apps that I downloaded from Google Playstore, I am able to create draft, even after I restart the mobile phone.