Nintex form to pdf in workflow that approves - O365

• 17 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi!

Please explain to me the form converting to pdf through workflow. I have a client who has tens of forms in one list (previously made with Infopath).  Those forms now need to make into Nintex forms and I'm waiting for "paging" (hopefully Nintex will released this spring) to help little bit of editing forms, but the show-stopper now for the client is the workflow to convert those forms into pdf's. I haven't done this before so I do not know exactly how it is.

This I know that workflow uses Word and the middle to pdf, but what do you need to do to Word?

If I have perfect form that I like to have converted as it is to pdf, what do I need to do with Word?

If you change in form something, let's say add a control --- do need to change in word also something?

Any detailed answers to this is appriciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Sari Siekkinen‌ !

Thank you for your question!

Here is a great blog post written by Brad Orluk‌ on how easy it is to create a PDF from a form. 

Let me know if you need anymore details than what is given there  

Cheers!

Rhia

Badge +4

No, this is not what I'm looking for. Need to have save form as pdf in workflow as it is transferred to other person to be approved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There is currently no such option to convert Nintex Form into pdf. You can create a similar looking Word template that you will fill in with data, then convert it to pdf file using Document Generation action, that you will later send to the approver.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +4

So If I have perfect looking form that I like to have converted as it is to pdf, what do I need to do with Word?

Do I need to redone it to Word too?

And if so, I change something in the form I need to change in Word too?

Could someone please explain how this is made and ...

why this is made so difficult?form to pdf

Badge +5

Hello Sari,

As  suggested you can Create the MS-Word Template and then Lookup the List items in that Template and then convert it to PDF.

The article should be a good starting point : Inserting SharePoint List data into a PDF document using a workflow 

I am using Muhimbi PDF Converter for SharePoint Online / Office 365 - Home to automate the entire process.

I hope it helps :-)