Nintex Workflow-Adobe Sign-Signature Control

• 13 July 2017
  • 8 replies

I am using O365 Nintex workflow and using Adobe Signature for getting signatures. I am using PDF file for getting signatures. I have 2 Adobe sign tasks in my process flow. Signature controls getting added one by one. Is there any way that we can position the signature location? I have predefined template with required boxes. I would like to display signature control in that box. Moreover I will have Signature person role also defined in template.

8 replies

Badge +9

Hi Vamsi,

Is this being generated from a document stored in SharePoint, or a template in Adobe Sign. I believe if you use a template via Adobe Sign you can specify the field locations.

If it is a document in SharePoint, this may help you: Adobe Sign Text Tag Guide, you may be able to tag your document in SharePoint to position the fields once it is sent.

Let me know if this helps

Callum

Badge +8

I am trying to piece together all the steps to create a Nintex Workflow for Office 365 that uses the Adobe Sign process, including inserting the tags into the Word document template and storing the signed document in a SharePoint Library

Following the various instructions that I found, I open up the Word template and install the Adobe Sign add-in and I click a button to add a tag into the Word document for "Send for Signature."

It then asks me to enter the recipient's email address.  It will not allow me to enter a variable for the recipient of the signature request.  I want that address to be determined by the user who initiated the workflow.  How do I do that?  Will these tags listed in the "Adobe Sign Text Tag Guide" do that, and how?

I have found instructions for performing this step or that step but I could use an example of completing this from start to finish.

Badge +17

@plamping thanks for the thoughts on the process. I've passed this on to our Product Manager for review on the Adobe Sign action. 

regarding placing the tag for the signature into the correct place, I do know this is possible and should leverage the sign tag. The tags you are getting within the Adobe Sign Add-in may be different as that's not part of the Nintex platform, but should be recognized by Adobe when it renders it. 

If you want to share what info you found on Adobe that could help us determine what may or may not be working correctly. 

Badge +8

When I used the Adobe Sign action and ran the workflow it got stuck in Suspended status.  That is why I thought maybe I had to insert an Adobe Sign tag into the Word document, but it sounds like I don’t.  I think the Adobe Sign action is supposed to send out the request to have the document signed.

How do I troubleshoot this to determine what is causing the suspended status?  It does not give me any helpful details.  It only mentions that I used up one of my Adobe licenses, which I should not have to use up a license during testing.

I specify the document location in SharePoint as this:

Shared Documents/‎‏{Current Item:text1}‌_‎‏{Current Item:text2}‌.pdf

And that document does exist and was created in the previous action of the workflow.  I do not know how to troubleshoot this, which is why it is important to have the proper instructions for this task.

I have a ticket open w/ Nintex Support about this.  If I learn more and get it solved, I will post my steps here.  This is one of the big things we were promised that made us want to get Nintex and there really should be instructions on how to use it.

Badge +8
Nintex Support was able to address this problem (partially). We selected the blue "i" icon next to the Suspended status message and it showed this message:
"BAD_REQUEST - This workflow does not permit including yourself in some fields."
We replaced my own email with another email account (a generic service account) and it then completed the workflow. I received an email saying that it was sent for signing, but I could not test the signing part (I would probably have to figure out how to get into the email for that account and sign up it up for Adobe Sign account etc).
But I decided to add another employee's email address as the recipient. I ran the workflow and it does nothing. It simply says Started and "Activity in progress."
Not sure how to proceed. I also want the sender to be changed to a generic account but not sure how to set that up.
Still lots of questions. Have ticket open w/ Adobe. Still could use clear instructions.
Badge +8
It did finally send to the other employee after I made some quick change, published and ran again. Not sure why not the first time, but it worked. The employee received the email, clicked the link, and signed the form without having to create an Adobe account. Starting to look better now.
Badge +8
One thing I noticed about this Adobe Sign. The signature is at the bottom of the form (we cannot change where it goes) but the signature is over a name & email address that will belong to the employee's manager, not the employee. The manager is the one with a company email address. Some of our employee's do not have employee email addresses or Office 365 accounts. We want them to be able to sign documents after reviewing them with the manager on the manager's computer. Anyone dealt with this?
Badge +8
Regarding instructions, I found this blog article that provides an overview:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Adobe-Sign-Scenario/ba-p/80025