Nintex Office 365 - Workflow fails to update Library items when other users run the Workflow

• 14 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello ,

I'm running into a problem where the workflow will fail to update a list/Library item when the Workflow is started by another user. I believe it is a problem relating to the Office 365 Update Item Action. I have tested other Workflows with the standard update item action and it works as expected. 

Has anyone encountered this before and what was the solution? 

P.s. We have also checked that the user has the highest permission level. 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Every time I have encountered this problem it has always been a permissions issue. Does the document library require you to check out the file before it can be updated? I have never tried this on a document library with the requirement that the document be checked out, but if it does maybe when you make the initial update it automatically checks it out. So unless you check in the document, the other users would not be able to make a change. Just a suggestion...

The library does require the Item to be checked out before changes are made. However, We are checking out and checking the item back in. Do you have any experience with the Office 365 Action and the personal connections? Could those be contributing to the issue?
Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Sorry, no. We don't allow those actions in our environment. So when I need to do something like this, I create a Power Automate workflow. Although I haven't done anything with checking in and checking out files.

Regards,

David