Solved

Nintex Forms on List - Threshold issues advice

• 30 August 2017
  • 3 replies

With SharePoint Online, there is a threshold limit of 5000 items per view, once you go over, you get an error in the view. I was wondering if nintex forms have the same effect? Also, I have found that if you use a modern list and index the columns it lets you go over the 5000 limit. I have only used nintex forms with classic view. Should I be using them in the modern view?

If I want to archive to another location to stay under the 5000 limit, is there something special that needs to be done with the nintex form?

Any advice on how to build nintex forms on lists that will support more than 5000 items will be greatly appreciated and what I should do with my current classic lists that may hit the limit.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 4 October 2017, 23:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

generally to workaround the limit of 5k items in a view, you should either create a view with Filters, so that it wont return more than 5k in a single call, or to spread your items across subfolders.

However I see no connection between that threshold and Nintex Forms - this is just an application allowing you to fill the form, not to workaround thresholds...

Regards,

Tomasz

Hi @TomaszPoszytek,

Basically, what we as designers are doing now, creating multiple filtered views and then creating multiple dropdowns, seems like something Nintex can address, e.g. allow a designer to select multiple views to be combined into a single dropdown (and in the background Nintex loads all views in parallel).

The current end-result just doesn't look user friendly, especially with much larger lists, and I feel this is a common issue. Have you come across any better solutions in the meantime, or do you know if this can be addressed as part of the Nintex roadmap?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hi,

for the new forms I am building I am using the tag. It in general does what I and customer need and doesn't require a lot of additional coding: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_datalist.asp

But you can use it only in classic forms, where you can inject custom scripts. In modern forms/ responsive/ NWC forms this is not an option and there is not much you can do. Best idea is to post your idea on the uservoice forum.

Regards,
Tomasz