Solved

Nintex Forms - Document Library with multiple Content Types - Choosing a Content Type on Upload

• 2 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

I have a SharePoint Online Document Library with multiple Content Types.

When I go to upload a document to the library, as expected, the document uploads as the default Content Type and I'm prompted to complete the metadata.

The issue I am having is that I cannot locate a change Content Type control in Nintex Forms (for 365). On the left in the image at the bottom is an Add a document dialog - Nintex Form version, on the right a SharePoint version. In the SharePoint version I can select the Content Type, in the Nintex version I can't choose a Content Type.

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like there's no way for users to choose the Content Type when uploading a document to the Document Library if I've got multiple Content Types and a customised form for each Content Type. 

Does anyone know a workaround, or can let me know if there's something I'm missing here?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by praios81 2 February 2017, 08:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Alasdair,

seems that functionality didn't make it to Office 365. You could/should raise it as idea at uservoice

4 - Nintex Forms for Office 365: Hot (90 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +2

Core functionality should not require user voice nor advocacy. This mean I have to build a separate library. Why even offer multiple forms if you can't switch. 

Badge +3

I am still looking for a solution to this problem. Have you come across any work around for this. Please suggest if so.