Solved

Nintex Forms Calculated Value not working

• 18 February 2020
  • 22 replies

Badge +3

Hello all. I can't figure out why calculated value on one list(works in other lists) is not working. The fields in sharepoint are set as single line of text. I'm not getting results even in the simplest form i.e. column1 * column2. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 20 February 2020, 04:02

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Is there anything special about this list like the way it was created for instance? Do you see any errors in the browser console when opening the form in a browser?
Do you see any errors if you do a fiddler trace when opening the form?
If this a new form or was it imported from somewhere else?
Badge +3

thanks Simon.
I don't see any error. I created another list from scratch have problem with calculated value on this one also. i have four calculated value fields in one form and when one works the other doesn't. Also shows #value on the fields that don't work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Are you able to provide an export of your test form?
Badge +3

here. thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

You posted in the SharePoint section but the form provided was an Nintex for O365 form so I have moved the post to the correct category.

The formula in the Proposed Spread Toatal has 1 to many closing brackets ')'

Fix this and see if it resolves your issue.

Not sure why you were not seeing any errors in the browser console. I imported and published the form, opened it and this error appeared and told me what the issue was.

Badge +3

hi Simon,

I have issues even with a simple column1*column2 where when one works the other doesn't even appear. Also what can i do about the synthax error

Badge +2

Did you try what Simon suggested?

"The formula in the Proposed Spread Toatal has 1 to many closing brackets ')'"

Badge +3

Calculated value works now. thanks a mil

Badge +3

i finished the form and published it and calculated value stops working. any ideas? TIA

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Did you look at all the errors in the console when you published the form?
Rules like proposedpayrate==""&&is_Edit_ModeIs_Display_Mode are not valid. It should be proposedpayrate==""&& is_Edit_Mode && Is_Display_Mode
Instead of proposedpayrate=="" try isnullorempty(proposedpayrate)
You have used the If() runtime function but only input 1 parameter but it takes 3.
You have used the not() runtime function in the middle of a function. It can only be used to surround a whole function to reverse its output.
Badge +3

resolved! thank you.

Badge +3

Thank you so much for your replys.

Can a calculation be too complex for Nintex?

I have two Calculation Value fields one works and shows 0, the other one doesn't and shows #value on the published form.

This's the calculation(each number represents a column)

(88-(30*(1+34.5/100)0/2000+1000/2000+.75*5+.75*3))/88

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

If you add an operator where the blue arrow is in my pic and type the formula in and not cut and paste it will work.

I added a plus and got.

Badge +3

Thanks Simon,

This's the formula I'm trying to work

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Looks the same as your previous formula but just has references in place instead of hardcoded numbers.
Do you see any errors in the browser console when the form is opened in new mode?
Are you testing in Preview mode or actually publishing and testing?
Are all the references referencing named controls or do they reference list columns etc?
Badge +3

The formula's referencing columuns and it works with any other formulas except this specific one and comes up 0 when i test with numbers above in the published form. there's 1 "synthanxerror" in edit and new mode

Badge +3

Did I answer your question?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
You answered your own question.
Resolve the syntaxerror that you are seeing in the browser console.
Badge +3

can you pls help me figure out where the error is. thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Remove rules and calculated value controls one by one until the error goes away and then you will know where it is coming from.
Badge +3

thanks for responding

Badge +3

I deleted everything on the form and still I had the one synthax error. Any other formulas on this field work except this one. any ideas? thanks.

(column1 (column2 * (1 + column3 /100) + column4 / 2000 + column5 / 2000 + .75 * column6 + .75 * column7)) / column1