New Responsive form designer - "Preview" is worthless?

Badge +8

I've been building forms in the New Responsive designer for months.  Once you get above the most basic complexity with show/hide rules, the Preview tab ceases to work properly.  I'm forced to publish and test in production because the Preview tab doesn't reflect the correct operation of show/hide rules (and maybe other rules, I wouldn't know because I can't use the thing).

It's very frustrating because I love the Responsive designer otherwise and would love to not have to test my forms in production.

If the previewer doesn't reflect reality 100% of the time, it's totally worthless because I can't tell if it's an issue with my rule or the previewer and I have to publish in order to find out.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I have New Responsive designer forms with 50+ show/hide rules implementing multi-language support and many other purposes with tons of variables and complex expressions. Rarely has the preview not worked as expected.

Whenever the form is truly complex then a more formal promotion process is used by maintaining a true development & test site separate from a production site. When an update is ready for promotion from development & test into production, I use "ShareGate:Desktop for Nintex" to clone the form(s) and document & list libraries, etc. from one site to the other. This way during testing a bunch of changes spanning multiple forms and workflows, it's easier for the users and developers to compare and validate the changes when they can see the current and future release.
Badge +8
I don't know what I'm doing wrong then, all I need to break the previewer is a couple simple show/hide rules before it stops working as the rules indicate it should. If I publish, all is working correctly.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @calmaguer,

Sorry to hear you are finding the preview frustrating. Have you logged a support call that I could look into? It would be interesting to see a video to understand what is happening.

If you like, shoot me an email at euan.gamble@nintex.com so we can discuss further.

Cheers,

Euan