Solved

New Responsive Form - Display data from repeating section list form into repeating section task form

• 18 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, I am new to Nintex. 

Currently, I am facing aproblem with my project. I want to display the data (which include choice single, date and text - short) in the repeating section(listing form) into repeating section (task form). I have studied to few others post, which their solution is following:

1. connect repeating section(task form) to the multi-line text colmn that used to store the xml of repeating section(listing form)

2. put in all the controls and name all of those controls same with the control from listing form repeating section's controls.

I have tried this solution. Unfortunelly, my problem still does not solve. I wonder is this because they were using classic form and I am using new responsive form. and is there any way can help me out of this problem? 

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 20 February 2020, 01:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Currently you need to use Query XML for each control in the Repeating Section to populate the same number of Collections.

Then do a "For Each" loop to extract an item from the first collection and set the Output index.

Within the loop do a whole series of "Get Item from Collection" to extract each item from the remaining collections. (using the Output index value from the For Each loop).

Also within the loop (after all the get items above) do a Build String to concatenate an HTML formatted string with the next group of freshly extracted items of the current row in the Repeating Section. At minimum the string could be like this:
{Variable: html rptsection}<div>- 1st control description {Variable:txt 1st extraction}, 2nd control description {Variable:txt 2nd extraction}</div>
The Output in this case would be the text variable html rptsection

Now in your Task Form use a Text - Long control with the Text Format of Rich Text selected and connect it with the html rptsection variable.

If this help solve your challenge then please mark this as a solution.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

"2. put in all the controls and name all of those controls same with the control from listing form repeating section's controls."

This is probably where the issue is occuring.
Currently the output of a repeating section does not use the control name. Instead it uses the controls ID. You will see the ID if you submit a form from a new responsive form and look at the output XML.

Hope this helps.

I have tried to use the ID from the XML. It sill does not populate the data. But one thing i have realise is the connection from task form reapeating section to the 
XML column is fine, because it able to show same number of field in the repeating section. No, the problem is what is the correct ID for the controls.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

My apologies,
I just found that this is a current limitation at the present time.
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Responsive-Forms/New-Resposonsive-Office365-Current-limitations/m-p/89047
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
It's true that natively this is a current limitation, however, my original post details a functional work-around that builds an HTML string and populates it within a Rich Text enabled Text-Long control.
Badge +3
If you export your original form (that contains the repeating section), then import it while you have the task form designer open, then the repeating section will match up (since the form control IDs will be identical).
The downside to this (which I'm facing right now) is that if you change the repeating section in the original form, you will need to re-export the original form and re-import it as your task form.
So if you've made any changes to the task form between those two exports, then they will be wiped away and will need to be re-made.
I have tried with export and import of original form but it didn't work for me. Though, I am getting the exact number of rows in the repeating section as it connected to the multiline column.