shaunlub
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: New Responsive Form Designer - Variables and Rules Issues

Jump to solution
Thank you very much. Without this, I'd have had to rebuild a very complex form in original responsive.
0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @shaunlub,

Can you confirm the issue is now resolved?

Thanks,
Euan

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Design Canvas Artiste

Jump to solution
Well this was not my issue originally, but it was an issue for me. I'm not sure it is fully resolved as I am using the workaround explained by v-tmasenko - which I am using in place of the parseLookup function.
I had hit the System.Object[] and tried as best I could to work past or around it. Only after finding v-tmasenko's workaround can I now proceed with work as normal.
0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Sorry, @shaunlub. I misunderstood your previous post.

The issue has still not been resolved as yet.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
JulieJ
Canvas Initiate

Jump to solution
Any update on this? - I have raised a support ticket on the same but the parse lookup suggested won't work for what I need. Grateful for any other immediate help. Case number 00293880.
0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @JulieJ,

For updates, please go through support as they will be managing the case. I have emailed support regarding your case however.

Regards,

Euan

0 Kudos
FranckGarcia
Canvas Initiate

Jump to solution

I have raised a ticket too. In the meantime, I will use the workaround. Too bad there is no indexOf function to make the formula less longer.

0 Kudos
David-
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

I was having a similar issue with the new responsive form, variables and rules. I am developing a form to submit product parts orders. The form looks up the parts in another list (less than 200 rows of items) on the same SharePoint site and populates the associated data (list price, unit measure, part # and an image of the part) on the form.

Initially I was creating variables to get the data to be populated. For example, this formula looks up the Part Number in the list:

lookup("Parts Catalog","ID",parseLookup(convertToString([Form].[Section IL 7000].[IL7000 Description]),false),"Part #")
I would use a rule to populate the other fields on the form. This worked fine in preview mode, but once a user filled out the form in the published version, the form would not submit or they needed to press the submit button multiple times.

Based on the information in this post, I decided to see if I could do away with the variables. I took the formulas I created for the variables and directly entered them in the rules and it worked. And the form is now faster.

I am surprised this hasn't been fixed after almost a year.
0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @David-,

I have not seen this issue before. Did you raise a support case so the team can investigate?

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
David-
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

Yes, I submitted a ticket to the support desk. Thanks!

0 Kudos