Solved

Need workflow which automatically sends an email to a specified person based on their status

Badge +3

Hi there,

I have a form with a filed that called Submit status, it's contain two value: Save as draft and submit to manager.

I want to send automatically emails every 28th of each month, to the person that their submit status is : Save as draft.

Can you help me?

icon

Best answer by nanettedv 16 May 2018, 09:02

View original

8 replies

Badge +5

Hi Bahareh

I assume the form's Submit Status field is connected to an item column.

In the Nintex Workflow for that item, 

1. do a date calculation to create the next date of 28th.
  2. Add a "Pause until date" action to pause the workflow until that date.
  3. Add a "Loop with condition" and set the condition when the Submit Status field equals Draft
  4. Send email and perform other tasks. 
  5. Before the loop ends, add another date calculation for the next date of 28th.
  6. Add another a "Pause until date" action inside the loop, just before the end node. This will wait for the date and then check the Submit field again. If it is still draft, the workflow will send the notification. If it has changed, the workflow will exit the loop and continue on with the workflow.

The workflow will have the following basic layout:

Badge +3

Hi Nanette,

Many thanks for your answer.

It looks the thing that I wanted exactly.  :-)

At the moment I have issue to use the Nintex workflow.

I've added the Nintex workflow app. It's added in my Ribbon. 

but on workflow setting  don't have the "create workflow with Nintex" also I don't have the Nintex features in my site features for activating.

Do you have any idea to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Bahareh

Badge +3

Hi Nanette,

I want the workflow just run for one time and send an email to all person who has the draft status as a reminder.

Badge +5

Hi Bahareh

When Nintex is added in Office 365 it behaves differently than in an on-premises deployment. There is no feature to activate and it does not appear under Workflow Settings on the ribbon. Instead, to create or view workflows on the list, you click on the Nintex Workflow option that now appears on the ribbon.  See this link to get you started.

Also remember to enable the following site feature to allow your workflows to read items and write changes to items/ lists/ libraries/ etc.:

Badge +5

Hi Bahareh

In that case I would recommend creating a site workflow to loop through items in the list and send notifications to the initiator. The site workflow can then be set to run on a schedule on the 28th of every month. I've added a basic overview of what you need to do below:

1. Go to site contents and select Nintex Workflow for Office 365
  2. Create a site workflow
  3. Use Query list to build up a collection of list items that are still in draft. You can output every column you want to reference in the email to a separate collection variable (we can call them column collections).
  4. Use a for each to loop through each item in one of the column collections.
  5. Use the index output to get the value of the fields stored in the other column collections (Get Item from Collection).  Send an email to the user with relevant information and a link to their draft item.
    To get an idea of what all you can do with collections, you can do a search for "collection" in the Actions pane.
  6. Publish the workflow.
  7. Go back to the Nintex Workflow for Office 365 page where you created the site workflow from. You will see your new workflow there. Select the ellipsis on the right and add a schedule to it.

8. Set the first run date, e.g. 28 May. Set recurring to every 1 Month. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Thanks Nanette,

I was used the IE browser to open the Nintex workflow and I had this problem.

Now I tried to use Chrome browser to open the Nintex workflow and it is working now.

I'll try to use your advice to build my query and workflow ;-)

Badge +3

Thanks Nanette for effective advice, but in my view there is not the Schedule 

Badge +5

Hi Bahareh

It appears like you are in the list workflow view and not on site workflow view. A list workflow cannot be scheduled to run at a certain time.