Need help on how to design a Form/Workflow to add/view documents

Hello,

I have a scenario that I am not sure how to handle.

I am using Nintex 365 New Responsive forms/workflow to replace a legacy form.  I have a list where each item has 11 elements.  Let’s call the columns Element A, Element B … Element K. The user should be able to add/attach one large (i.e. > 1 mg) document for each element, so there will be 8 documents.  The previous/legacy form had a button for each element.  When the user clicked the button, they were able to navigate to the document, and attach it to the form. (see image below).  I would like to present a similar functionality.

It doesn’t seem like Attachments would work, because there is no way to pull up the specific document of the exact element that you want to see.    I was thinking of storing the documents in a document library and provide a link next to the element in the form, but I am not sure how that would work (i.e. how to get the URL for the document).   I do not want to rely on the user to “name” the document correctly and save it in the proper library themselves.  Ideally, I’d like to allow the user to be able to add the document programmatically via a mechanism on the form, but I am not sure how I would do that.  Below is a picture of the previous/legacy form.  The "Drafts" column is the button they click to add/view the document.

Does this make sense?  Any ideas?

18643iC3973309CD3E7AFE.png

0 replies

Be the first to reply!