Solved

Need a validation for a date field dependant on a choice

• 22 June 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

On my Nintex O365 Responsive form I have a "Closing Date" field that is hidden until the radio button is changed from "Opened" to "Closed".  At that point I want to force the user to add the closing date before the form can be submitted (or resubmitted).  I can't make the field REQUIRED in Sharepoint, because it is hidden on the form, so I'm looking for a validation formula that basically says: (My two fields are STATUS and CLOSING_DATE)

IF "Status"=Closed THEN "Closing_Date" (cannot be null or blank??)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by allan 31 October 2019, 14:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Like this ?

Badge +17

@mikeatnationwid did this help you get your issue resolved?

Badge +4
Thanks! I missed that I had a response to this issue... and to be honest, I can't remember if I solved it or not... I may have, since I'm not bugging out about it any longer! The NEW responsive forms have not trickled down through our servers yet, but your rule looks correct. Thanks for taking the time!
Badge +4
I can't say. (See above reply). I'm going to have to go back through my notes and see what this may have applied to. As mentioned above, I most likely came up with a solution... but I don't know. I'll do a little digging on my end and then come back to accept it as a solution or comment further.
Badge +17

@mikeatnationwid see if your admins can refresh the forms app in your tenant. It should be updated with the latest build which has he new rules engine as part of it. 

Badge +4
Thanks. We can 'see' that updates are available, but we can't get them to refresh. When we apply Nintex to newly built sites we get the new responsive forms, but can't refresh on anything that was already there. I will pass this on to him and see what we may be able to do.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Please mark the post as resolved by selecting a post as solution 😉
Badge +4

This was pretty much the solution, except I am not using the new responsive forms, so I built a rule based on this same premise.