Picture not being saved in Save as PDF control

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

It was working, but now it isn't...

I have a picture logo on the top of my form. When a user clicks submit I use the Save as PDF Control to capture the info on the screen, including the logo.

When the PDF is emailed to a User as part of a Workflow, the user opens the PDF and displays all my fields and information, however the logo is not displayed, just a placeholder like below:

Any ideas why?

14351i01BE8281BA846FAF.jpg

4 replies

Badge +9

Whats the image extension for your logo? Is it in BMP?

There's a known issue in Smartforms 1.0.4 for picture controls not loading the content when its generated into a pdf.

Badge +6

Hi Sharpharp1,

Please can you confirm any changes have been made to your environment or the workflow or  if a ISS reset was done prior to the issue you are recieving.

Regards,

Yannick

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Pic was a standard JPG. No IIS resets or changes to workflow

I have resolved it by opening the JPG in a paint program and re-saving it as a different name and using that... But this has happened before, after a period of time (usually weeks) the JPG stopped being saved when using the PDF control for some reason...

Just thought i'd mention it on here

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi SharpSharp

Please confirm if you have recently made any changes to any associated views,form,smartobjects rules or data fields?

and confirm if the image displays correctly on your side as you said that the image in the pdf does not display correctly on the clients side?

Kind Regards

Raymond