Matching Strings do not match in a Run if condition

• 16 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a workflow that is meant to compare dates and look for a match. Currently I convert the dates to a string as a short date so the time is not included and then i compare the values of the strings as a condition of a Run If action. The Run If is never triggered despite the strings clearly matching which you can see here as a screenshot of my wf's log. And in the log we would know if the run if was triggered by a separate entry into the log. As you can see below the two circled values clearly match. This has been driving me crazy for hours. Any idea what could be the issue here?

6196i01010CA6A1D20286.png

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
There may be 2 cases:
1) trailing space(s) - in the log put some kind of before & after mark (like quotation or brackets
2) inconsistency in clicking the "x" to the right and selecting short date in both the diagnostic log message AND where it is being used elsewhere. Unfortunately, there is no way in Nintex for O365 to see what formatting choice has been selected afterwards; so just redefine the date reference and make sure short date has been selected in your action